
Brrr! It is cold here in Dallas, Texas. Since Day 9, the temperature has been hovering around 32 degrees or below! Since I can't sit at home with a big comfy blanket and a good book like I'd like to do, I've been eating homemade soup at work for lunch. Today, I ate Spinach Tortellini Soup.
Spinach Tortellini Soup Recipe
1 'big' can or 3 small cans of chicken broth
1 package of tortellini (I normally use Chicken and Herb Bertoli)
2 'small' cans of diced tomatoes, un-drained (can use Italian seasoned kind)
1 package frozen spinach
A couple dashes of Italian seasoning if your tomatoes didn't include them
In a large pot, heat chicken broth until boiling, add tomatoes (un-drained), bring to a boil again, add frozen spinach, bring back to a boil, turn down heat to medium, add tortellini. Cook according to package directions, around 8-12 minutes for the tortellini to cook. Serve warm.
If you want to package the soup and reheat for leftover lunches, what I usually do is keep extra chicken broth on hand and add when I reheat, as the tortellini tends to soak up the excess liquid during storage.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment