Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 218: August 6, 2011

After seeing a delicious homemade pizza on one of my favorite blogs, Eat Live Run, I knew I had to try and make my own homemade pizza. Having never dabbled with making my own dough, I was kind of nervous! After I made the dough, I knew I couldn't wait patiently and be within twenty feet of the rising dough without peaking every two seconds, so I forced myself to go out to my pool and let the dough rise in peace. After I came inside, with a suntan glow, the dough had at least doubled inside- success! I rolled out the dough, added part tomato paste and part tomato pesto for the sauce, piled on Parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, cooked chicken and halved grape tomatoes and threw it in the oven.

I think my first try at homemade pizza was a success! I can't wait to experiment with different pizza toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment