Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 191: July 10, 2011

I got into running during busy season 2010. I don't love running as much as I love biking, but I've made amazing friends through the sport. This weekend, I attended a farewell party for one of my dearest running buddies; Joel and his wife are moving out east for a new job opportunity.


I ran my first half marathon March 28, 2010- the Inaugural Rock 'n' Roll in Dallas.

I've since ran two more, one in Disney World, October 2010, the Inaugural Wine and Dine Half Marathon.


And the 2011 Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in Dallas on March 27, 2011. Four days before my client issued its financial statements.




Due to a challenging busy season, I had very little time to train for my third half marathon. Joel offered to 'bandit' the course and run the first 8 miles with me, even though he ran a full marathon just a week before. He kept me on pace and entertained for the first 8 miles. He snapped the picture of me above around mile 7. My next 5.1 miles were certainly quieter, and far less enjoyable. Nonetheless, I finished the race. And went to work the next day, with very sore legs. I'll miss running with Joel.

I'm planning to run my fourth half marathon on March 25, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment