Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 322: November 18, 2011



I am thankful for the traditions of Texas A&M University, the school I grew to love during my 4.5 years on campus.



Today marks the 12th anniversary of the Bonfire Collapse. In 1999, I wasn't even in high school yet, and I didn't even know I was going to be an Aggie. The Texas A&M family lost 12 precious members. When I was a freshman, I attended the dedication of the Bonfire Memorial, on campus, to mark the 5th anniversary of the collapse, it was a moving experience that I will never forget. The Aggie family gathered at the site of the collapse, at 2:42am, the time of the collapse, at the memorial built to honor and remember the 12 we lost. Now, 12 years later, the Aggie family still mourns the loss of those 12. We will always remember. 11/18/1999.


There's a spirit can ne'er be told... It's the spirit of Aggieland.

No comments:

Post a Comment