Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 255: September 12, 2011

During my visit to Indianapolis, my Aunt Mari took me to the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The Speedway is home to the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400.


The track is over 100 years old! I could just feel the history as we took a lap around the 2.5 mile track and toured the museum. The track is often referred to as the Brickyard as it was paved with 3.2 million bricks in 1909. My cousin Michael propsed to his now wife here at the Speedway!

The start/finish line is still paved with brick, even though the track has been repaved several times, a little bit of history remains.

If I was a racecar driver, I think this would be my car. It is the perfect shade of pink.

I had a great time in Indianapolis. It was special seeing my cousin Michael get married, I enjoyed spending time with my family, and enjoyed touring around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment